Monday 22 August 2016

Daniel's 12 Month Update

I haven't been able to blog much the past month or so due to personal circumstances. Unfortunately I lost a very close member of my family to cancer, so as you can imagine, I have been very busy grieving and helping out with funeral arrangements etc. Now, I'm ready to come back and start again!

So let's start with a 'Mummy Monday'

Daniel is now 1 year old. Where has my baby gone?!



Sleep routine: Things for us seem to have changed once Daniel hit the big '1'. His sleeping has been a bit more erratic. He currently has no routine and only goes down when he's ready now. I still try to have him in bed for 8pm but some nights he refuses and won't go to sleep until nearer 10pm! Whenever he does this, he usually sleeps till around 9.30/10am the next morning. Other nights he'll go to bed at 7/8pm and sleep through till 8.30am. His naps are very varied now too. He's started having morning naps again on the odd occasion, but very seldom will he sleep if we're out and have things to do. If he doesn't sleep in the morning, he usually has a nap around 1-2pm and will sleep for 2hrs.

Eating: Daniel's eating habits haven't really changed much. His favourite is still sausages, although now he's a bit more adventurous with food, he's more willing to snack than to eat a meal. A habit I most certainly want to drop soon!

Sizes: Most of his clothes that he wears are all 12-18 months. Some of his 12-18 month clothing are still too big but I suppose each brand is different. His feet are still chunky that I struggle to find shoes to fit him. Although we had his feet measured in Clarks and he is a size '5 and a half F'. So I attempted to buy him some Flossys and Converse which seem to fit him quite well despite his chunky tooties! He is in size 5 nappies but I'm not sure that it'll be long before he's moving to the next size up!

Milestones: DANIEL IS WALKING!!! Not long after my last post, he went for it! Now there's no stopping him. So technically walking should be in his 11 month update as he was 11 months when he started but I thought I'd share it in this post with you all. He still says 'dada' for the most part but he has experimented with his sounds and I have heard 'mama' once or twice but not often. His current favourite is 'gaggen, gaggen, gaggen, DA!' whatever that might mean! Also, he had his first haircut! I miss his curls like mad!! So here is a photo of him a week before he became 'a big boy'.


No comments:

Post a Comment